Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Big Brother is Watching You

Well...let's just say I've only read like 10 pages of 1984. I did read half of The Other Boleyn Girl and a trashy romance novel called Something Borrowed, however. The Boleyn thing would just not ever end! I couldn't make it through. The other book was ok, not a super well-developed plot, but it was entertaining. So here I am, confessing to you because I have been slacking off. Actually, I have had the book in the bathroom, and haven't moved it out, so that is where I have been doing my reading of Orwell's thought-provoking work. And anyone who has a two-year-old knows that you never get to spend as much time as you would like in the bathroom. (too much information? no, I don't think so.)

So far (after 10 whole pages) I am bored with it. I don't generally do well with sci-fi or futuristic stuff. I know that I need to commit some time to it, though. Don't worry, I haven't given up yet. I'll get to it here soon.

On another interesting note, James is going to be a big brother. He keeps lifting up his own shirt, pointing to his emaciated-African-child-sized belly and saying "Baby, pleeeeeeease!" I swear I did not teach him this, so it is a bit frightening.

0 comments: