Friday, December 5, 2008

Shop Online Fridays


A common and never tired joke around our English Department is that we organize our schedules to have tests or movies on Fridays, and therefore we get a day to shop online. Though this is a nice idea in theory, of course it leaves us (me) with a mountain of essays to grade on the weekends--so usually I end up frantically grading while my students work away or enjoy some sort of media-based text. 

All this to say, I spent the better part of my day writing the aforementioned sonnet and therefore did not grade any papers. This leaves me, at home on a Friday night grading essays while my son watches Go Diego Go! and we wait for the pizza to get here. I blame Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting (whom, my students brought to my attention, bares a striking resemblance to Zac Effron) for allowing me to get off-task today. Tsk Tsk.


0 comments: