Thursday, December 18, 2008

You can try and avoid fate, but then you will get hit with ten inches of snow



It is, as my son has been telling me for two days, snowing rain. Yes son, it is snowing a crapload of rain.  Ironically I have spent the last few weeks counting the days until Christmas break, yet when school is canceled, I am completely disappointed. The reason for this being that I love the last few days before break, as they offer my students a time to reflect on our time with Romeo and Juliet. Specifically, it is a time when I like to show them some great videos--such as The Reduced Shakespeare Company's abridged version of the play and Baz Luhrmann's campy 1996 film--which I love more with each viewing. 

If you have never experienced RSC--take 13 minutes out of your day and watch these two clips from YouTube. I love these guys.


My prayer for the day: Dear God, please make it stop snowing so that I can wear my crazy sequined Christmas sweater and gold bow hair clip to school tomorrow. 

0 comments: