Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"It's Just Technology! Can't We Unplug it or Something?!?"


Not since Melissa Badgely taught me to smoke in my best friend Hilary's front yard while her parents were sleeping have I felt the sense of thrill and adventure that I did watching the premiere of 24:Season 7.

No wait, strike that. I think I was referring to Season 3 with the bio-terrorism. You know, the one where they injected the guy with ebola and dumped him out of a van at a shopping mall in the first episode? Season 7 is about technology theft. 

I have always been pretty accepting when it came to 24. Even when Tony Almeida got shot in the neck and came back to work two hours later, it was not too much for me because I was a true fan. I remember during my first pregnancy looking forward to Monday nights because I knew I was going to have action-packed dreams starring myself and Jack Bauer as my love-interest/crazy rogue government operative. He would talk to me in that low husky voice and do that weird blinky thing with his eyes and I would swoon. What happened to you Jack? Now you look old and Tony Almeida doesn't look scary, just sleepy. I wish you wouldn't have jumped off that crate on the boat to tackle him because it looked like you may have hurt yourself.

Now, instead of looking forward to those dreams, all I have is heartburn and a husband who is snoring like a screaming child. 

2 comments:

Hilary Smith said...

I totally remember that night..lighting up for the first time. It was thrilling, rebellious, AND I was verge of peeing my pants the whole time because I was SO scared of my parents' catching us. Do you ever feel like you are going to pee your pants when watching 24?

molly butler said...

I always almost pee my pants these days.