Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh! I get it now--you were under deep cover when you killed those 30 guys.


Boy, Tony Almeida perked right up when he wasn't pretending to be a terrorist. And is it my imagination, or did Jack actually look a little hotter on the 2nd night of the season premiere? Especially after he busted Tony out of the FBI headquarters interrogation room. Maybe it is just that my husband volunatrily slept on the couch last night (he is a martyr for my sleep needs), but I think things are starting to look up for 24: Day 7.
I mean, don't get me wrong, it's no Season 2 (that was the one where Jack went under-cover with the South American drug lords and became addicted to heroin, a nasty habit he was forced to kick in Season 3 before finding the bio-terrorists), and that red-haired lady is pissed, but I think I can buy-in. Chloe is back and along with Bill Buchanan (the former director of CTU) and Tony Almeida, she is conducting a secret outside-the government-crack the conspiracy of which of the president's cabinet members is working for the terrorists-don't trust anyone until Jack comes back- investigation.
Bright shiny spots of this season: 1. Janeane Garofalo plays a really nervous computer wizz with bad hair and 2. the guy who played Billy, the crazy "Medellin" director in Entourage has the same mannerisms as an FBI analyst that he did as a creative-permiscuous-genius/Sundace Film Festival flop. Who could make this up? Only the writers of 24.
Well kids, it looks like I may be looking forward to Monday nights after all.

1 comments:

kate said...

Dave and I watched it Sunday but didn't on Monday. I was hoping it would have picked up. But I think I'm going to have to stick with Lost and Grey's. I just don't know if I can do the crazy season of 24. I'll watch here for more updates.